In addition to producing VB Migration Partner, the best solution for converting
VB6 projects to .NET, Code Architects offers first-class turn-key services that
can help you to successfully convert your VB6 legacy apps to .NET in less time and
Read what are benefits in upgrading to .NET.
Why choosing Code Architects VB6 Migration Services?
- Based on VB Migration Partner,
the only conversion software that supports all the major VB6 features
- Millions of lines of code successfully converted to .NET in over 15 countries all
over the world
- A team of VB6 and .NET skilled developers, led by VB guru
- Full functional equivalence – we can deliver a .NET app that looks and behaves
exactly like the original VB6 code, therefore no need to train users to the new
- No down time – our convert-test-fix methodology allows you to evolve your
VB6 code base while we migrate it to .NET
- Backward compatibility – we can convert the application one piece at a time
or in just one shot, in all cases keeping it 100% compatible with the VB6 code (databases,
user settings, data files, etc.)
- You must meet a deadline that cannot be postponed
- You don’t have enough in-house developers to face the migration to .NET, or your developers are assigned to other tasks, or they aren’t familiar with .NET programming subtleties
to request a personalized quote.
We aren’t the only company that offers VB6 migration services, so why should you
choose Code Architects?
- As a Microsoft Visual Studio Industry Partner (VSIP), we can provide valuable recommendation
on how to evolve your application and integrate it with other Microsoft or third
party’s software products
- … and of course, our VB Migration Partner and the exclusive documentation
related to the migration of the VB6
controls available on this site is the most obvious evidence that we
know more about VB6 conversion than any of our competitors.
Pricing: Request a quote
The time required to migrate to .NET depends on some aspects of the original VB6
- Number of lines of code
- Third party ActiveX Controls
- Percentage of Business Logic vs User Interface
- Data access techniques (DAO, ADO, RDO)
- How well the source code is structured and documented
- Calls to Windows DLLs, integration with other applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
If you are interested in a ballpark estimate (as a price range) for free, run VB6 Analyzer on your source code and
the generated text file. If you need a more accurate offer, we need to analyze your
source code and have more detailed discussion on your application. (Of course we
sign an NDA contract before looking at your code.)
You can choose different levels of migration targets and we are very flexible in
what we can deliver
- Full functional equivalence, residual COM dependencies
The application is migrated to .NET but it still depends on COM to an extent,
for example it still uses ActiveX controls and database access technologies such
as DAO or ADODB.
- Full functional equivalence, native .NET components
The application is migrated to .NET, uses native .NET controls for the user
interface and ADO.NET as its primary database access technology
Read what our customers say
about our migration team.